Thursday, July 19, 2012

Masterpieces Wall

Pin It Now!

Our toddler has been in preschool for a few months now, and every day he brings a masterpiece home that he wants to display proudly on the fridge.  Now when he looks at you with big blue eyes and says in the sweetest voice (one reserved only for when he wants something), "I made this for you Mommy, can we put it on the fridge, pleasssseee."  I would never want to say no, but my fridge is only so big (Ok, it is huge, but that is besides the point).  Here is where this brilliant idea that yes, I found on pinterest, comes in to play.  I fell in love with it, it solved so many dilemmas,  and I think it is just downright cute.  His stuff deserves to be displayed like this.  Besides, to him, they are all masterpieces, and in turn, they are masterpieces to me.  

It was pretty simple, and can be made more simple based on the material you choose.  Ours was:
  • 1- 2"x8' piece of wood, cut in half and sanded
  • 2 bottles of spray paint
  • 12 paper clips (I think they were Adecco.  Got them at walmart, 2 in a pack, magnet back.)
  • Gorilla Glue
  • clamps
  • Picture hangers
  • "Masterpieces" custom vinyl print from www.wallwritten.com
So my wonderful husband cut the length of wood in half so we had 2 four foot long pieces.  We sanded them smooth, wiped off the sawdust and then spray painted them with satin black spray paint.


Once it was dry, we used gorilla glue to mount the clips on to the board.  Since they are a magnetic back, they lay nice and flat against the board.  Once they were all  glued, clamped, and dry, picture hanger clips where hammered to the back, and then anchor screws put in the wall and VOILA!  We have a masterpieces wall. 

After they were up, I put up the vinyl lettering.  Got that on then went and collected the best pieces of my son's artwork.

I think it is adorable and I am so happy with how it came out!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...