Sunday, July 8, 2012

Homemade Finger Paints

Pin It Now!

Win one for Pinterest!  I found a tutorial on Pinterest for homemade finger paints at The Daily Buzz.  It was really easy and I had everything so I thought I would make it for Liam to finger paint in the bath with.  That way I could let him play, and hose him down all in one shot. 

Recipe:

3 Tbs sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup cornstarch
2 cups water
food coloring

Directions:

Combine everything in a pot, heat and stir until mixture thickens. You will know when it happens because all of the sudden it will go from white and thin, to opaque and thick like frosting.  Remove from heat.  I divided it up and put it in a muffin pan, put a few drops of various food coloring and stirred well. 

Put Liam in the bath, gave him some paint brushes (didn't want it on his fingers, go figure!), and told him to go to town.  He is thoroughly enjoying it.  I enjoy knowing what's in it, and that if he ingested it, it would cause him no harm.

Enjoy!!!

3 comments:

  1. Made this today for the kids because it was a rainy day! We had a ball! Thanks for the recipe!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you were able to try these out! Its pretty crazy how it works. Perfect rainy day activity for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much! My little is on the spectrum and he eats EVERYTHING! So happy I found some paint that’s safe if he he does happen to eat it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...