Monday, September 3, 2012

Monster Cookie Dough Truffles

Pin It Now!

Big confession: I am a closeted (or maybe not so much if you know me) germaphobe.  Sending my toddler to preschool, when I had worked so hard to keep him healthy for the first 2 1/2 years of his life, almost sent me into major panic and anxiety attacks.  It felt like I was essentially putting him in a situation where he was going to get sick, for sure, all the time.  I won't say I was wrong, but it could have been worse I am sure.  I also dislike working with raw meats, hand sanitizer probably pulses through my veins (as well as my children's), and I wash my hands so many times when cooking and baking I could pass FDA inspection.

Given all this, I am sure you can guess that I would not be one eat raw cookie dough, in fact, I can't even watch someone else do it.  Then, I saw the most wonderful thing...EGG-LESS cookie dough dips and truffles!  The heavens opened up and sang.  All though I can't usually justify making cookie dough to just eat, this week is my youngest son's birthday party and I need another dessert (Ok, maybe I don't NEED another dessert for it, but really, you can never have too many).  Perfect time to make some monster cookie dough truffles ( I LOOOOVE monster cookies!).

MONSTER COOKIE DOUGH TRUFFLES

Makes approximately 50 truffles

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup (1 stick) salted butter, softened slightly
  • 8 oz. peanut butter (I used Skippy Naturals)
  • 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
  • 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
  • 6 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • 3 oz M&M candies
  • 12 to 16 oz semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips
Directions:
  1. In a medium bowl, using a hand mixer or stand mixer, cream together peanut butter and butter until it is smooth and lightens in color slightly.
  2. Add in brown sugar, powdered sugar, and vanilla and mix until smooth.
  3. Add oats and mix well to combine.
  4. Place M&M's in a small bag and use a rolling pin or heavy pan to break them into smaller pieces.  Add this and the 6 oz. of semi-sweet chocolate chips to the the dough and mix well.
  5. Using a 2 tsp. cookie dough scoop, scoop out truffle centers onto a parchment or foil lined cookie sheet.
  6. Roll the centers in your hands to make smooth balls.
  7. Place in freezer for 1 hour to chill and firm up.
  8. Melt the 12 to 16 oz. of semi-sweet chocolate chips in the microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring in between until melted and smooth.
  9. Using a fork, roll the chilled truffle centers in the melted chocolate.  Remove using a fork or a tooth pick and return to lined cookie sheet.  
  10. Chill in fridge until the chocolate has set, or store in freezer.

45 comments:

  1. Although I am not a germaphobic, I wash my hands a many times a day... just because I can't stand them being dirty. I believe that the reason that there are so many different illness out there is that a person doesn't let themselves get immuned. I don't get sick very often knock wood, (hitting my head.) But I do eat cookie and cake dough and growing up when we baked at home we always had to leave some raw cookie dough for my dad ~ he love it. I hope you aren't cringing too hard right now :). But this recipe looks awesome and I will be pinning it to make these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made it through without cringing too bad :). I won't lie, I envy those that can lick a bowl of brownie batter or nibble at the cookie dough without a care in the world... The final products taste great, I can only imagine how good the batter taste! Thank you so much for stopping by and sharing your story, means a lot. Have a wonderful night.

      Delete
  2. ooh! these look so decadent! i pinned them :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am totally, 100% making these for the holidays! thanks for the recipe! just found your blog from the gfc blog hop! newest follower and can't wait to see more d-lish posts like this! haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im so happy to have you join us! I also have a link party on sundays. This weeks is at http://mommyssweetconfessions.blogspot.com/2012/09/sweet-confessions-sunday-link-party-5.html . love to see you there, bring some friends too!

      Delete
  4. Oh your recipes are delicious!! Can i follow you with gfc? I could not find the thing to click on! I would love to follow.
    Connie from Sadieloohoo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a really dumb question, but what is gfc?

      Delete
    2. If you are referring to google friend connect, I do not have that, and it looks like it was retired in march, but I do have google + connect, and that is at the top of the page on the right hand side, its a g+ icon next to the facebook, pinterest, email, etc buttons.

      Delete
    3. Connie if you want it in your google feed then you can go through the rss button and click on the + google button. Then you have the option of adding it to your google homepage or google reader. You can add it to your google reader feed by clicking the google reader button. Hope that helps :)

      Lindsay. I got google friend connect through the gadgets in my Layouts page. That was back in February, but it still shows up on my page so it might still be available? If you need any help feel free to email me :)

      Delete
  5. Oh my goodness do these these look divine! I'm a cookie dough lover and I look forward to making these soon. Thanks so much for sharing at Mix it up Monday :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i have to make these, they look amazing!

    Have a fabulous day! Stop by nichollvincent.blogspot.com and say hello! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for stopping over and visiting! I will definitely stop by!

      Delete
  7. Okay, these look really amazing.
    Debi @ Adorned from Above

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow! I'll take 3 of these right now with my coffee! Will have to find a reason to make these soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I could ship you some I would! Thanks for stopping by, and PS-you never need a reason to make truffles :)

      Delete
  9. Wowww
    These look so sinfully delicious = perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that you created these truffles with all the monster cookie mixins. I have to admit I have no problem eating raw cookie dough with eggs;-) but with this I don't even have to worry!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ha! I won't eat cookie dough either - yikes! But eggless? I'm in! These look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! Eggless cookie dough rocks!

      Delete
  12. These look absolutely delicious! Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday! Please come back and VOTE on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW! I'd sure love to pop a few of these in my mouth right NOW! They look so tasty. Congrats on being featured at Mix it up Monday! I'd say you deserve the honor for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by! Wonderful to see you!

      Delete
  14. Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday! I will be sharing this on my facebook page!

    ~Robyn from Robyns View
    http://www.facebook.com/robynsviewathome

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for sharing this with all your wonderful facebook followers! I am your newest one :)

      Delete
  15. Looks so goooooood! I'm pinning!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cookie Monster would be all over these! They look delicious. I featured them as part of my link party wrap up today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for featuring them, I am thrilled!

      Delete
  17. I love monster cookies too! I like to put mini M&Ms in mine. These look awesome. I can't wait to try them. Thanks for sharing at Mom's Library!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I had them, they would have been perfect! I was just too lazy to drive to the store for them lol!

      Delete
  18. I want these now. Look so yummy!! Thanks so much for linking up to Tasty Thursdays on The Mandatory Mooch!! I hope you will link up again. The party will be live tonight. http://www.mandatorymooch.blogspot.com

    Thanks, Nichi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for hosting as always, love the party!

      Delete
  19. Mouth...is...watering! These look soooo good. No chance I can get you to mail me some of these is there? No? I guess I'll have to make these myself. Thanks so much for sharing. Love from your newest Facebook and Twitter follower, Whimsically Homemade.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I could I would, but I don't think they would last sadly :) Enjoy the making and the eating!

      Delete
  20. These look so amazingly good. Thank you so much for sharing with Wednesdays Adorned From Above Link Party last week. This weeks Link Party is opened at
    http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/09/reeses-smore-brownies-and-wednesdays.html
    from Wednesday until Sunday.
    Hope to see you there.
    Debi Bolocofsky
    Adorned From Above
    www.adornedfromabove.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for hosting your wonderful parties, and for stopping by!

      Delete
  21. I am not a germaphobe (although I do wash my hands a lot because I dont like to feel dirty) and I do want Little Man to get enough dirty that he buildsup some immunities. But I have always been a little worried about eggs in batter (not enough to stop me from licking the beater, but it is at the back of my mind) so it is nice to have an eggless option available too :)
    Thanks for linking up to Friday Fascinations! Don't forget to come back this week and join the party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by, wonderful to see you! And I agree, it is good for them to build up immunities, but it does kill me to let it happen lol.

      Delete
  22. OMG Lindsay! These look sooo good! Thank you so much for linking up to Iron Chef Mom and I hope we'll see you back soon!

    - Trish {Iron Chef Mom Team}

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love cookie dough truffles -these look so awesome, Aimee! Let me know if you have any leftovers that you can send me.

    Visit Site

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...