What to do with a cupboard finally stocked with pumpkin puree, and an open container of Greek yogurt that needs to be used? Make ice cream sandwiches of course! OK, maybe that is a far leap. I am just dying to make pumpkin something, and searching and searching through all my fellow bloggers incredible pumpkin recipes, was not making my decision easy, or even possible. I was asking my husband what sounded good and read him off options and he thought ice cream sounded good. I had made frozen Greek yogurt pops before, had seen the idea of the ice cream sandwiches using graham crackers, which I saw somewhere, but I can't remember where now. Long story short...through all my angst about not being able to decide on a recipe, I managed to make this one up.
Pumpkin Pie Frozen Yogurt Sandwiches with Nutella Swirls
Makes 9 servings
- 1-1/2 cups fat free plain Greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 Tbs. honey
- 3 Tbs. brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp. ground allspice
- 1/2 cup nutella spread
- 9 graham cracker sheets
- Line a 8x8" baking dish with foil and set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine yogurt, pumpkin, honey, brown sugar, vanilla, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, allspice, and mix well.
- Break the graham cracker sheets in half, so you have 18 squares. Place 9 squares in the bottom of the lined baking dish, doing whatever necessary to cover the bottom (I had to trip a few off, and turn a few different ways to get them to all fit).
- Pour the yogurt mix over the graham crackers, spreading evenly.
- Warm the nutella in the microwave for 10-20 seconds until it is loose enough to drizzle. Drizzle it evenly over the yogurt mix, and using a knife, swirl it in to the yogurt mix.
- Top with the remaining 9 graham cracker squares and place in freezer until set, 2-3 hours.
- Remove the frozen sandwiches by lifting the foil out. Using a large, sharp knife, cut along the edges of the graham crackers, making 9 squares. Eat immediately or wrap individual sandwiches in wax paper and return to freezer.