Saturday, September 15, 2012

Pumpkin Pie Frozen Yogurt Sandwiches with Nutella Swirls

Pin It Now!


What to do with a cupboard finally stocked with pumpkin puree, and an open container of Greek yogurt that needs to be used?  Make ice cream sandwiches of course!  OK, maybe that is a far leap.  I am just dying to make pumpkin something, and searching and searching through all my fellow bloggers incredible pumpkin recipes, was not making my decision easy, or even possible.  I was asking my husband what sounded good and read him off options and he thought ice cream sounded good.  I had made frozen Greek yogurt pops before, had seen the idea of the ice cream sandwiches using graham crackers, which I saw somewhere, but I can't remember where now.  Long story short...through all my angst about not being able to decide on a recipe, I managed to make this one up.

Pumpkin Pie Frozen Yogurt Sandwiches with Nutella Swirls

Makes 9 servings

Ingredients:
  • 1-1/2 cups fat free plain Greek yogurt
  • 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
  • 2 Tbs. honey
  • 3 Tbs. brown sugar
  • 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
  • 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
  • 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
  • 1/4 tsp. ground allspice
  • 1/2 cup nutella spread
  • 9 graham cracker sheets
Directions:
  1. Line a 8x8" baking dish with foil and set aside.
  2. In a medium bowl combine yogurt, pumpkin, honey, brown sugar, vanilla, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, allspice, and mix well.
  3. Break the graham cracker sheets in half, so you have 18 squares.  Place 9 squares in the bottom of the lined baking dish, doing whatever necessary to cover the bottom (I had to trip a few off, and turn a few different ways to get them to all fit).
  4. Pour the yogurt mix over the graham crackers, spreading evenly.
  5. Warm the nutella in the microwave for 10-20 seconds until it is loose enough to drizzle.  Drizzle it evenly over the yogurt mix, and using a knife, swirl it in to the yogurt mix.
  6. Top with the remaining 9 graham cracker squares and place in freezer until set, 2-3 hours.
  7. Remove the frozen sandwiches by lifting the foil out.  Using a large, sharp knife, cut along the edges of the graham crackers, making 9 squares.  Eat immediately or wrap individual sandwiches in wax paper and return to freezer.

14 comments:

  1. That sounds delicious!! Will definitely need to try this..so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bring on the pumpkin! I'm ready.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! So excited for all the wonderful fall flavors!

      Delete
  3. What a great use for pumpkin. Please consider adding this to my Pumpkin Recipe feature that I am hosting in a few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will do, just let me know when and where and I will try to be there!

      Delete
  4. New to this blogging thing-would appreciate any views or new followers, and comments/advice! -I linked up the Birthday Cake Bread. Such great ideas on here! Love it! :)

    Check out my latest recipe, review & giveaway @ Baking Blissful

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds soooo good! I know these would be a hit in my house! Thanks so much for sharing this at Mom's Test Meal Mondays!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for hosting and stopping by, so nice to see you!

      Delete
  6. Thanks so much for sharing these on the Mrs - I've featured them this week!

    http://www.mrshappyhomemaker.com/2012/09/the-bulletin-board-4/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwwww thanks!!! That is so exciting!!! Thanks for hosting!

      Delete
  7. These look so good and so easy. I never thought of making ice creams sandwiches this way. Thank you so much for sharing with Wednesdays Adorned From Above Link Party last week. This weeks Link Party is opened at
    http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/09/how-to-make-natural-tinted-lip-balm-and.html
    from Wednesday until Sunday.
    Hope to see you there.
    Debi Bolocofsky
    Adorned From Above
    www.adornedfromabove.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice to find your blog and know about shared recipe. Its awesome and delicious. Keep sharing.

    Thanks for sharing.
    Josie | Frozen Yogurt Las Vegas

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...