Pin It Now! Sunset Perfect Pie Crust
1 1/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp salt
3 1/2 Tbsp cold butter, cut into pieces
1/4 cup cold vegetable shortening
4-5 Tbsp ice water
1. Mix the flour and salt in a medium bowl.
2. Cut the shortening into small pieces and add that and the butter pieces to the dry ingredients.
3. With a dough blender or a fork, cut the butter and shortening into the flour mix until the pieces resemble the size of peas.
4. 1 tablespoon at a time, add the ice water and mix with a fork, just until the dough holds together in a ball without cracking.
5. Wrap the dough ball in plastic wrap and flatten into a disk and place in fridge until chilled.
6. When ready to roll out pie crust, remove from fridge and roll out on lightly floured surface to the needed size.
7. Bake as required for desired recipe.
Yield: 1 Pie crust for a 9" deep dish pie or shallow 10"