I love dumping dinner in a crock pot and forgetting about it until its time to eat. Here is a recipe I created in my endeavor to figure out how to use up some jars of Dole pineapple chunks we had. (I have no picture of this currently, hence the crock pot stand in)
Crock Pot Pineapple Chicken
Makes 4 hearty servings
- 1 to 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless frozen chicken breasts
- 1 (20 oz) jar pineapple chunks in juice
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 (10.5 oz) can rotel original tomatoes with green chiles
- 1 (6 oz) can tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- garlic chili paste (optional, add up to 1 tbs is a spicier taste is desired)
- salt and pepper to taste
- White rice, brown rice, quinoa or orzo
- Drain half of the liquid from the pineapple chunks and discard.
- Dump all ingredients except salt and pepper into crock pot and set on high 4 to 6 hours, or low 8 to 10 hours until chicken is easily shredded.
- Remove chicken when cooked and dice or shred. Return to crock pot and allow to simmer for 30 minutes more.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over white rice, brown rice, quinoa or orzo.
|Calories-287||Carbs-30 Fat-||5 g Protein||-29 g Fiber||-2 g|