The changes I made to it were two fold. I first added unsweetened applesauce for 1/3 of the butter called for. This gave them their more muffin/cake-like texture. I also added 1/2 cup extra of old fashioned oats, just because at our house, we love oatmeal cookies. If you want more cookie-like cookies, then by all means, head on over to their site and use the recipe as written, they will taste phenomenal, and I will not be offended in the least bit.
|Baking action! Yummy yummy mookies!|
If you like this, don't forget to Pin it!
Chocolate Chip Banana Mookies
Make approximately 40 cookies
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2cup unsalted butter, softened
1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup mashed ripe banana (about 1 large)
1 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Whisk together flour, salt, and baking soda in a small bowl and set aside.
- Place butter, and sugars into a mixing bowl and beat on medium speed until pale and fluffy.
- Reduce speed to low. Add egg, applesauce, and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Mix in banana. Add flour and mix until just combined.
- Stir in oats and chocolate chips. Don't fear, this dough is very moist.
- Using a 1 1/2-inch ice cream scoop or 2 Tbs cookie scoop, drop dough onto baking sheets spacing about 2 inches apart. Using a fork, flatten the dough into a disk shape, they do not spread much.
- Bake cookies until golden brown and just set, about 12 to 13 minutes.