I don't have a lot to say other than "MAKE THIS!! And make A LOT!" because it will be gone before it even sets up all the way, I guarantee it. I am a die-hard toffee fan, second only to my love of chocolate truffles, and this stuff has blown my idea of toffee out of the water. It is the perfect blend of sweet, caramel goodness, and salty blissful savoriness. Really, match made in heaven. I really ate probably a tenth of the tray before the chocolate even solidified. I must get this out of the house, lest I gain ten pounds because I ate it all by tomorrow. I know the pictures are not great, but I was afraid if I waited until tomorrow, there may be nothing left to take a picture of.
I know it may seem a little weird, the graham crackers and all, but I promise, on my crock pot and my hand mixer, that you will love it. I implore you to pin this, make this, and share this with those you love...it will make the world a brighter place. Ok, maybe it won't, but you will have a smile on your face!
GRAHAM CRACKER PRETZEL SALTED TOFFEE
(Adapted from Six Sister's Stuff's Saltine Cracker English Toffee)
- 15 graham cracker sheets
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1-1/2 cups crushed pretzels
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Lay the graham cracker sheets side by side in the pan, it should end up being five across and three rows long.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter, salt, and brown sugar over medium heat. Bring it to a boil and let it boil for three minutes without stirring. After three minutes, remove from heat, add the vanilla and stir in quickly, then pour the hot brown sugar mixture evenly over the graham crackers. Use the spoon to spread it out a bit if needed.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 5-7 minutes, until bubbly.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with the chocolate chips. Let them melt for a few minutes and then use a knife or spatula to carefully spread the chocolate out evenly over the toffee.
- Sprinkle with the crushed pretzels and press them in to the chocolate slightly.
- Let it cool completely on the counter or in the fridge. When set, break the toffee into two-bite pieces and enjoy!
- Store in an air tight container for 1-2 weeks or in the freezer for a few months (HA! Like there will be any left to store....).