For my son's first birthday party we decided to just do a dessert bar. One of the desserts that made the cut were these killer Nutella Oreo Cheesecake cups that I saw on My Baking Addiction. Because we had like 12 different desserts, I made them pretty small, as you can see in the picture, but it was perfect for getting to try everything. If you are doing it for a dessert spread, then you could get about 12 small servings out of this. If you are like me and don't want anything more than to dive into a pool of this filling, then make 6 larger cups :) This even converted my non-sweets lovin' husband to nutella, he was sold!
I really can't say much more about the amazingness of these other than go. Just go. Go and make them right now, you won't be sorry! They were by far the favorite dessert provided at the party, so much so, that I was requested to make them for another family member's surprise party. They were a hit there too.
NO BAKE NUTELLA OREO CHEESECAKE CUPS
(Adapted from My Baking Addiction's No Bake Nutella Cheesecakes)
Makes 12 small cups (for like a dessert sampler) or 6 larger ones
- 24 oreo cookies
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 8 ounces frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup nutella spread
- 4-5 crushed oreos for sprinkling (optional)
- whipped cream (optional)
- shaved chocolate (optional)
- Crush the 24 oreo cookies in a ziploc bag or in a food processor until coarse ground. Evenly distribute cookie crumbs between the cups.
- In a medium bowl, use a hand mixer to beat the cream cheese, nutella, and vanilla together until lightened, smooth, and fluffier.
- Using a spatula, carefully fold in the whipped topping into the nutella and cream cheese mixture until it is well combined and there are no more streaks.
- Pipe or spoon the filling into the prepared cups on top of the oreo crumbs., dividing evenly.
- Right before serving, top with whipped cream, oreo crumbs, and chocolate shavings. Serve cold.