I bought a huge box of oreo cookies from Sam's Club to make the crust for the no bake nutella oreo cheesecakes, because it is cheaper to get a huge box at Sam's then a small one at the store. Of course, I only needed about two sleeves out of the 10 in the box, so I have had these haunting my cupboard for a while, begging to be used. In dire need of making some chocolate chip cookies, I thought maybe I would use some up and through them in the cookie dough. THEN I remembered I had white chocolate chips from a plan to make white chocolate macadamia nut cookies that never happened (macadamia nuts are EXPENSIVE!), so I thought I would throw those in to continue with the black and white theme. And of course, who doesn't like a cookie the size of your hand?? It was a HUGE success!
These are chewy, chocolatey, sweet, a little savory, and just to die for. Even my non-chocolate chip cookie loving husband has dived into the freezer several times since me making these last night. They are bad news, and I will inevitably be 5-10 pounds heavier when they are finally gone. Heck, even my 3 year old has been going around since yesterday going "Mommy, these are the best cookies you ever made..." Best compliment ever :)
GIANT DOUBLE CHOCOLATE CHIP OREO COOKIES
Makes between 14-16 large (5-6") cookies
- 2 sticks of butter (1 cup), softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbs. vanilla extract
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 3 oz. (1/2 cup) semi sweet chocolate chips
- 3 oz. (1/2 cup) white chocolate chips
- 13 oreo cookies, broken into quarters or fifths
- Preheat oven to 365 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl combine brown sugar, granulated sugar, and butter and cream together with a hand mixer until well combined.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix thoroughly.
- Add flour, salt, and baking soda and mix well.
- Pour in chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, and combine by hand or with mixer. Add in oreo pieces and gently fold in until evenly distributed.
- Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, fill completely with dough and drop onto prepared pan, about 5 cookies per sheet, they get big. Using the bottom of the measuring cup, press down the dough to flatten the center to about 1/2 inch for even cooking.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes until they start to brown on the edges. They will still look a bit light in the center, but will darken and firm up when they cool.