|All that cheesy goodness oozing out from inside....so yummy!|
These biscuits are tender, cheesy, not too salty, and have a light and fluffy interior. Absolutely perfect. I packed one in my husbands lunch, so I am anxiously waiting to hear what he thinks of them, but I am pleased with them. These would be a beautiful addition to Thanksgiving dinner as well! They only take a few minutes to throw together, and only 16 minutes to bake. Nice and simple!
|Mmmmm see the cheese crusty goodness on the outside, my favorite part!|
|Enjoying my new photo setup area, had to take lots of pictures since I had good light this morning...|
CHEESY CHEDDAR BISCUITS
(Adapted from Food Network's Almost Famous Cheddar Biscuits)
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 7 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 4 ounces grated colby jack cheese (about 1 cups)
- 1 ounce grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup 2% evaporated milk, or regular milk
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1-2 tablespoons butter
- garlic salt, for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- To make the biscuits, mix the flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt in a medium mixing bowl. Add the butter and cut in with a fork or your fingers, until you have pea sized pieces of butter throughout. Add the colby jack cheese and parmesan cheese and mix together. Add the yogurt and milk and mix until the dough just comes together, it will have some dry bits.
- Drop by scant 1/4 cup portions onto baking sheet, 2 inches apart, and flatten slightly.
- Bake in oven for 15-17 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Right before they are done, melt the butter in a a small microwave safe dish. When the biscuits come out of the oven, brush the tops with a bit of butter and sprinkle with garlic salt. Serve warm.